When the credits roll at the end of a movie, it’s easy to disregard the thousands of small names that come after the director, actors, and actresses. Usually, Visual Effect (VFX) artists and studios only appear at the end of the credit roll and audiences may sometimes think that their roles in the movie are unimportant. The truth is quite the contrary to that fact, as Visual Effect studios are an integral part of producing a film. The job scopes are, generally to provide realistic computer-generated imagery to accompany live-action footage.
If storytelling is a form of art in cinemas, VFX is just its prerequisite element. From giving a larger-than-life appearance to enhancing the live footage, it has revolutionized the art of cinema and story-telling. Even in the world of video games, VFX uses its magic wand with a diverse set of visual effects. That’s how gaming enthusiasts get a chance to retain in their gaming universe in a more natural manner. And, somehow, the visual effect is crossing its limits now (and fans just love it). It’s taking an integral place in the lives of each and every one of us! But that’s only a boon, though.
The world of cinema has embraced the elements of VFX whole-heartedly. However, the fact is Visual Effects (VFX) is an essential part of producing a film. In India, lots of VFX studios have established themselves with excellence. These studios worked with popular Hollywood movies like Game of Thrones to blockbuster Bollywood movies like Baahubali. In addition, with their high VFX quality, these VFX studios have not only made themselves popular in India but across the world also.
However today in the under mentioned section, we are going to explore the top 7 VFX studios that probably you have never heard of. If you want detailed information regarding these studios – follow the guide until the end to resolve all of your queries.
Here are the list of the Top 7 upcoming VFX Studios in India that you have probably never heard of :-
- Pixel Digital Studio
Pixel Digital Studios is one of the new upcoming VFX studios in India This VFX studio is can be considered as an all-in-one spot where you will get all your branding as well as you will get all the supply of your requirements. It has the capability of providing a wide range of VFX services, such as rotoscoping, wire removal, matchmaking, composting, keying, keying, Set Extension, and so many others. Furthermore, it has a specialization in providing the best quality of 3-dimensional videos works on conceptualization and its demonstration. This studio possesses about having renowned clients like T-Series. Apart from these, this studio has worked in many popular movies such as Hate Story 3, Sanam-Re etc.
- Office Location : Pixel Digital Studio is located in Mumbai, Andheri West. Laxmi Industrial Estate, 4th Nimbus Center, 400053.
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that Prime Focus World has worked on are Fan, Kahaani2, Sultan, Raaz, Phobia, Mulk, Zero, LLB2 and Bahubali – The Conclusion amongst many other prestigious projects which include Bollywood as well as regional film and web series.
- Pixstone Studio
Pixstone Studio is the other best-in-class Award Winning VFX studio in India established in 2012. The main office of this studio is located in Chennai, Thoraipakkam. This studio is decorated with a huge number of experienced specialists who are always ready to work as per your requirements. Moreover, this studio is famous for providing on-time delivery as well as quality work at a reasonable rate. This studio has been tested for preparedness and security and now it is a part of Trusted Partner Network. It presents several VFX services such as 2-dimensional compositing, automation, camera tracking, Roto, object tracking, and paint. It has a record of working with several popular films such as Conjuring 2 and Avengers.
- Office Location : Pixstone Studio is located in Bahwan Cybertek IT Park No.148, 5th Floor, West Wing, OMR, Old Mahabalipuram Rd, Oggiyamduraipakkam, Tamil Nadu 600097
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that Pixstone Studio has worked on are Shazam, Money Heist, John Wick 3, The Nun, Jurassic World, Dead Pool, Outlaw King, The Christmas Chronicles and Skyscraper among the rest.
- Website – Pixstone Studio
- Contact – email@example.com I +91 9003128316
- Feather VFX
Feather VFX is a high quality visual effects service provider for both feature films and television series offering flexible and cost effective service globally. It is based in Los Angeles with a state-of-the-art production operation in Chennai, India. The Feather team staffs a team of 60 visual effects artists and serves as a partner to production companies in the US, Canada and UK. They offer an interesting blend of creativity with professionalism and expertise of working on varied scale of productions. Their featured projects are top notch highly acclaimed Hollywood films like Fast & Furious -Hobbs & Shaw & Captain Marvel etc…
- Office Location : Feather VFX is located in 18/09, Valasaravakkam, Chennai – 600087, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that Feather VFX has worked on are Fast & Furious, Spiderman – Far From Home, Captain Marvel, Deadpool2, Wonder Woman, GI Joe, Ben-Hur, Alice in Wonderland and Mission Impossible –Fallout among the rest.
- Website – FeatherVFX
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org I 0469 888 3065
- Philm Cgi
PhilmCgi is a one stop solution from script to shoot, supervision to final complete output and they deliver VFX with a realism that baffles even the sharpest of viewers. Their involvement from the early stages of script development and planning presents greater value to the clients, both in terms of cost and effective time management.Over the years they have worked with some of the best Directors, producers and artists conjuring vivid visual solutions that inspire, evoke wonder and bring stories to life. PhilmCgi was built by Animation and VFX professionals with decades of industry experience, bringing together wildly imaginative ideas and the coolest tech. Today, as an Animation and VFX studio at the very forefront of filmmaking, we are committed to entertaining and emotive storytelling.
- Office Location : PhilmCgi is located in Riverdale, Plot no 07 SR 84/1/J, Koregaon Park Mundhwa Road,Next to Hard Rock Cafe,Pune 411036 India
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that PhilmCgi has worked on are Ghost Stories, Sacred Games 2, Bhavesh Joshi, Trapped, NH10 and many advertisement commercials and web shows among the rest
- Website – PhilmCgi
- Contact – email@example.com I 020 6500 0447
Anibrain is an award winning VFX and Creative studio specialising in creating stunning visuals for all screens. In over a decade they have partnered with film makers and leading Vfx facilities to provide the best VFX facilities for over 150 international blockbuster movies. With a 700 strong people team in India, they provide international clients with the complexities and creative pursuits of modern day VFX. They have successfully collaborated with some of the greatest film makers to deliver the best VFX vision the screen and ignite the story process. They are passionate about telling your story through breathtaking visuals that dazzle audiences the world over.
- Office Location : Anibrain is located in B1, 4th Floor, Cerebrum IT Park, Kalyani Nagar, Marigold Complex, Pune, Maharashtra – 411014, India
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that Anibrain has worked on are Avengers – End Game, Captain Marvel, Spiderman – Far From Home, Blade Runner 2049, The Witcher, Do Little, and Secret Garden among the rest
- Website – Anibrain
- Contact – firstname.lastname@example.org I +91 (0)20 67637373
- Ellipse VFX
Ellipse VFX studio, based in India is a leading company in the field of Visual effects with a state-of-the-art production facilities in Chennai. It provides VFX services for feature films, TV series, and all other commercial formats. Proficient in different verticals of VFX like Rotoscoping, Paint, Rig/Wire removal, Matte painting, Compositing, Matchmove, FX, and much more, the work delivery is of the highest calibre. Ellipse staffs a team of more than 40 creative minds and serves as a partner to production companies in the USA, Canada, UK and European Countries. Their team of experts is committed to delivering you imaginative design concepts and exceptional service.
- Office Location: EllipseVFX is located at No3, Gowri Ammal Street, Porur Chennai- 600116,India
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that EllipseVFX has worked on are The Man in the High Castle, GI Joe, 300 – Rise of an Empire, Hobbs & Shaw, The Basement, Silicon Valley, Automata, Constantine among the rest
- Website : EllipseVFX
- Contact : info@ellipsevfx,com I +91 44 48646606
The Toonz Media Group is another renowned studio in India that was established in 1999. The main office of this studio is located in Trivandrum. This studio is equipped with extremely trained experts dealing with VFX. Moreover, they are efficient in providing all types of VFX facilities. This is a highly acclaimed studio for VFX development in India. It currently presents 10K minutes of 2-dimensional and 3-dimensional videos. In addition, it also works with several worldwide brands such as TV Asahi, ABC Australia, RLL, Google, Universal, Discovery, Turner, Walt Disney, Nickelodeon, Sony, BBC, Hallmark, RAI TV, KiKa Germany, and so many others. Chacha Chowdhury is a popular cartoon series produces by this production house.
- Office Location: Toonz Media Group is located at 731-735 Nila Building, Technopark Campus, Trivandrum, Kerala 695 581, India
- Popular VFX Projects: Among the popular projects that Toonz Media Group has worked on are Mostly Ghostly’ and ‘Magic Beyond’. Its clients include some of the biggest names in global broadcasting -The Walt Disney Company, Netflix, Lionsgate, NBC Universal, BBC, Discovery, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, ARD, and ZDF.
- Website : Toonz
- Contact : email@example.com I + 91-471- 4342500
Along with the list of the Top 7 VFX Studios in India that you have probably never heard of, here are a list of the ones which are the most popular :
- Prime Focus
- Red Chillies
- Prana Studios
- Reliance Mediaworks
- TATA Elxsi
- MPC Bangalore
- Makuta VFX
- Prime Focus Limited
Prime Focus Worlds humble roots can be traced back to 1995, when Namit Malhotra and three of his teachers got together in his fathers garage to start a video editing studio, called Video Workshop.
Two years down the road, Video Workshop was merged with Naresh Malhotras (Namit Malhotras father) filming equipment rental business, Video Works, thus forming Prime Focus.
Prime Focus studio is one of the renowned studios in nation, and the largest creative service provider. They provide stereo 3D conversion, production and post production, including color grading and picture post services to the film, broadcast and the advertising industries.
It is one of the largest organizations which is independent and unique at the same time. It caters 8,000 professionals in the 15 cities, without compromising on quality
- Office Location : Prime Focus is located at Rama Naidu Studios Complex, 79, Film Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, 500 033. It also has offices at London and Mumbai.
- Popular VFX Projects: Prime Focus has worked on a lot of blockbuster movies such as Gravity, Beauty and the Beast, Kong: Skull Island, Transformer, Star Wars – Episode I, II and III, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and many more. Among the popular projects that Prime Focus World has worked on are Star Wars: Episode I, II, and III, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows and Shrek.
- Red Chillies
Red Chillies first started off as another production company namely the now-defunct Dreamz Unlimited. Shahrukh Khan had previously been a partner for Dreamz Unlimited, but following a fallout with other partners, he had taken over, restructured and transformed the company into Red Chillies, the company we now recognize today. Founded by both him and his wife Gauri Khan – Red Chillies is a company responsible for the distribution and production of films in 2003, before eventually venturing into the field of visual effects in 2005. It is the second-best VFX studio in India. It has already produced some mesmerizing scenes in Indian cinema. With their skilled team and sound work, they have already bagged some of the awards. With the omnipotence and dedication through work, Red Chillies has achieved the “Best VFX Studio” Award.
- Office Location : The headquarters are at Backstage,Plot no. 612,Junction of Rama Krishna Mission Road & 15th Road, Santacruz (West), Mumbai 400054, India.
- Popular VFX Projects : Several of its acclaimed works include Dilwale, Ra One, Krishh 3, Raees, Chennai Express, Dear Zindagi, Dilwale, Badla,, Zero, When Harry Met Sejal, Main Hoon Na, Swades, Asoka among the rest
- Website : Red Chillies
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org I 022 6669 9400
- Prana Studios
Founded in 2003, Prana Studios has three co-founders, namely Arish Fyzee, Kristin Dornig and Pankaj Gunsagar. It was in the same year that it opened an office in Mumbai, India. Situated in Los Angeles, USA, is its second division, and between these two locations, Prana Studios has employed over 1,000 employees worldwide. Prana Studios has worked with some of the worlds leading animation and visual effects companies, such as Walt Disney, 20th Century Fox, and Paramount.
- Office Location: Their office is located at 9th Floor, Building No 4, Infinity IT Park, Gn. A K Vaidya Marg, Dindoshi, Malad East, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400097and also in Los Angeles (USA)
- Popular VFX Projects : Several films such as most of the Tinkerbell movies, Plane: Fire and Rescue, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and Thor: The Dark World are recognizable as Prana Studios’ work.
- Website :Prana Studio
- Contact : Info@primefocusworld.com I 022 4248 8100
- Reliance Mediaworks
First founded by Manmohan Shetty in 1975 was Reliance Mediaworks. It was then known as Adlabs Films Limited but was changed to Reliance Mediaworks in 2005, when the Reliance ADA Group took over most of Adlabs shares. It currently owns one of Indias most successful cinema chains- Big Cinema- that is established not only in India but also in the USA, Malaysia, and other countries as well. With more than 500 screens worldwide, Reliance Mediaworks screens movies to millions of people annually. This company has already the successful presence of in the film and media sector, and providing the end-to end integrated services , post –production, and last but not the least the VFX services. Their VFX studio has already give many of the hits, and with the skilled and dedicated workers, it will give more hits in the future.
- Office Location: Its headquarters situated in Film City Complex, Goregaon East, Mumbai – 400065
- Popular VFX Projects :Transformers: Dark of the Moon,G.I. Joe: Retaliation, and The Expendables 2.
- Website : Reliance Mediaworks
- Contact : email@example.com I +91-22- 3980 8900
- Tata Elxsi
Founded in 1989, TATA Elxsi is a part of the TATA Group that focuses on design and technology in various industries, such as automotive, engineering and, of course, Animation and Visual Effects. Under Visual Effects, TATA Elxsi offers services such as 3D dynamics, particle effects, color corrections and many more.The company has gained recognition for its unmatched excellence in movies like ‘Ek Tha Tiger’, ‘Aparichit’, ‘Jodha Akbar’ ‘Bhag Milkha Bhag’. To add glamorous effect and to overcome practical barriers Bollywood has been relying on VFX extensively. Futureworks have successfully created magic on screen by painting larger than life pictures for movies like’ Madras Café’, Lunch Box, ‘Boss’, ‘I’ and ‘Oh My God’.
- Office Location: They are located at ITPB Road, Whitefield, Bangalore 560048
- Popular VFX Projects :They have worked on various feature films, and television series and the more famous ones include Gullivers Travels and Roadside Romeo.
- Website : TATA Elxsi
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org I +91 80 2297 9123 I
- Moving Pictures Company
MPC Bangalore is a part of the MPC, also known as Motion Picture Company. Located in London, UK is MPC’s headquarters, but it also has state-of-art facilities all over the world, Vancouver, Los Angeles, New York, Shanghai, Paris, and Bangalore, India. Founded in 1974 by Mike Luckwell, MPC was later sold to Carlton Communications, which then sold it to Thomson SA. Soon after its establishment, MPC became one of Europes most prominent post-production service providers and then went on to become renowned all over the world.
- Office Location: Bangaluru (India), New York (USA), London (UK), Vancouver (Canada)
- Popular VFX Projects : It was involved in the making of many feature films, such as Jumanji: Welcome to The Jungle, Kingsman: The Golden Circle, Murder on The Orient Express, Wonder Woman, and many more. Travels and Roadside Romeo.
- Website : Moving Pictures
- Contact : email@example.com I +91 80 4046 1238
- Makuta VFX
Makuta VFX can be considered a relatively new company to the industry as compared to other studios, as it has only been around for a few years. Dasaradha Gude is the chairman of Makuta VFX, and it is through his leadership that Makuta VFX has seen tremendous success. Makuta VFX offers many services, such as animation and rigging, modeling, lighting and shading, effects animation, and many others.
- Office Location: They are located at Level 8, Explorer Building, ITPL Business Park, Whitefield Road, Bangalore – 560 066, India
- Popular VFX Projects :Their most notable involvement in the post-production processes of several movies, for instance, Bahubali: The Beginning, Bahubali: The Conclusion and SpiderMan along with regional films like Naa Peru Surya, Rangasthalam, Genghis Khan.
- Website : Makuta VFX
- Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org I +91 40 4392 9999
In conclusion, modern day feature films and even advertisements will not be able to achieve the height of success they have had thus far without the help of post-production companies.
Visual effects companies have helped movies bridge the gap between imagination and reality, bringing to life even the wildest of fantasies. There are also many processes and stages that visual effects companies can offer, depending on the range of skills their artists possess. Often, many visual effects companies will be hired to work on a movie at the same time, to reduce the workload of a single firm, and to decrease the time needed for the tasks to be finished. These steps include pre-visualization, layout, modeling, rigging, texture, lighting, and rendering- and they can’t work without one another. In order to learn VFX and learn all these steps, one must join a vfx animation course or a visual effects course .
This brand is known to be the best VFX training institute, as they have 24 years of experience in this particular field. To connect with them, you can give them a call at + 91 8981005544. If you want to send a mail to them, then you can do so at email@example.com. Alternatively, you can give your precious comments in the comment box given at the end of this guide.