Is your enthusiasm for animation and motion designing making you think of a career in this field? Do you want to make a full-time career out of it? Or do you want to take it up as a hobby? No matter what, if you are interested in the motion designing then these are some of the things that you must know. The six essential elements of design Let’s start by detailing the six essential elements with which a designer can create his compositions. What are the six components that design can contain? All, without exception, have one of them:
- Line Perhaps the most basic. It all starts with a line. A short line can be seen as a point.
- Address All lines have an address depending on which it may cause different perceptions. For example, a vertical line gives a feeling of height, a horizontal line of stability, a diagonal line, growth (if it goes from less to more, from left to right) or descent (if it goes from more to less, from left to right). Did you think about it?
- Shape. Line + address = form The forms are composed of lines, either closed or open (and this is where it comes in, for example, the Gestalt Closure Law, where the brain “closes” or “unites” those spaces). They can be clear lines or using other principles such as contrast, or elements such as color, which also create shapes.
- Size Size is also an important element of every design. The same element repeated in two different sizes can cause different sensations: size (proper), distance or hierarchy.
- Color A fundamental element. And by color, we mean all: white, black, red, blue, etc. The color helps us to contrast features, and we do not forget their emotional weight, where each color has several meanings. For example, the color white transmits purity, peace, cleanliness, perfection. The color consists of 3 values: color (green), saturation (amount of pure green, its absence is a grayscale) and brightness (color luminosity, closer to white or black).
- Texture A derivative of color, the texture adds that extra touch of reality, since in nature we do not usually find objects with 100% flat colors, and the texture gives us additional information about the surface of the object.
If you are interested in gaining a more in-depth knowledge of these things, there are several animation courses in Kolkata that you can look up and choose the ones that interest you the most. If you are looking for the best animation institute in Kolkata, you can join Arena Chowrangi and make the most of it.